For Balance Purposes, while we are on the subject of religions: The Old Testament Bible is not peaceful. The Koran is not peaceful. The Buddhists in Tibet were not peaceful. The Mormons: “Cut their Throats”-said Brigham Young.
A rabbi said that “a million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail.” I prefer the THE TEN PRINCIPLES FOR A GLOBAL RATIONAL HUMANISM
Amazon: Ten Commandments For A Global Humanism:
THE CODE FOR GLOBAL ETHICS
1. DIGNITY: Proclaim the natural dignity and inherent worth of all human beings.
2. RESPECT: Respect the life and property of others.
3. TOLERANCE: Be tolerant of others’ beliefs and lifestyles.
4. SHARING: Share with those who are less fortunate and assist those who are in need of help.
5. NO DOMINATION: Do not dominate through lies or otherwise.
6. NO SUPERSTITION: Rely on reason, logic, and science to understand the Universe and to solve life’s problems.
7. CONSERVATION: Conserve and improve the Earth’s natural environment.
8. NO WAR: Resolve differences and conflicts without resorting to war or violence.
9. DEMOCRACY: Rely on political and economic democracy to organize human affairs.
10. EDUCATION: Develop one’s intelligence and talents through education and effort.
From The Code for Global Ethics, Ten Humanist Principles by Rodrigue Tremblay, with Preface by Paul Kurtz. Published 2010 by Prometheus Books. (ISBN: 978-1-61614-172-1)
“A SPELL on All Their Houses” and is available on Amazon.com.